Pediatric radiologists are experts in using imaging techniques and equipment to answer clinical questions on a wide range of patients from micro preemies to teenagers. Pediatric radiologists utilize the full spectrum of imaging technology including MRI, CT, Ultrasound, X-Ray, PET/CT, Nuclear Medicine and Fluoroscopy.
The pediatric radiology specialists at Radiology Associates of North Texas understand the special imaging needs of children and their families. In addition, our doctors follow the ALARA standard (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) and the best practice guidelines set forth by the Image Gently Alliance, a worldwide campaign created to reduce unnecessary radiation in pediatric patients, to assure the highest level of patient safety.
The MSK (body) and Pediatric specialists routinely collaborate to offer high-end MRI body imaging including MR Enterography, Fetal MRI, MR Urogram, MR Liver Lesion Workup with Eovist contrast, MR Angiographic Vascular imaging including workup of complex vascular malformations, and tumor imaging and follow up. Our group also offers high-end MRI MSK imaging including workup of internal derangements of joints with arthrographic injection of contrast as needed, workup of osseous lesions or tumors, evaluation of infection/osteomyelitis, evaluation and follow up of soft tissue neoplasms/sarcomas, and evaluation and workup of rheumatologic conditions.
Radiology Associates of North Texas also provides superior pediatric neuroradiology services through close collaborations with neuroscience physicians and highly trained pediatric neuroradiologists and neurointerventional radiologists. At Cook Children’s Hospital, a Neuroscience Center of Excellence, our radiologists provide advanced MRI applications like functional MRI, diffusion tensor imaging/tractography, fetal MRI, and multimodality functional epilepsy imaging. Our radiologists also provide the multimodality neuroimaging for Cook Children’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, one of the leading and most advanced pediatric epilepsy programs in the country.
Exams read by our Pediatric Imaging Specialists
Instead of focusing on a specific area of the body, pediatric radiologists use imaging technology to diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions that are specific to children.
- CT – provides detailed images of many types of tissue including bone, lung, soft tissue and blood vessels.
- MRI – uses magnets and radio waves to produce extremely detailed images of the organs and tissues in the body. MRI is a non radiation-emitting modality.
- US – a very safe, low-risk imaging technology that uses high frequency sound waves to produce images of structures within the body.
Specialty procedures read/performed by our Pediatric Imaging Specialists
- MR Spectroscopy – a non-invasive MRI exam that allows doctors to determine tumor type and aggressiveness.
- Diagnostic Cerebral Angiography – a minimally invasive procedure to view blood vessels in the brain.
- Intraoperative MRI Equipment – state-of-the-art technology for epilepsy and brain tumor surgery, and also for deep brain stimulation (DBS) treatment for movement disorders.
- Minimally invasive therapies for the treatment of osteoid osteoma, vascular malformations, deep vein thrombosis and abscess.
- Minimally invasive procedures to aid in the diagnosis of soft tissue and osseous lesions.
The Pediatric Radiology specialists of Radiology Associates of North Texas are committed to providing the highest level of patient care and ensuring the safety of every child imaged at any of our covered locations.