Neurointerventional Radiology is a highly specialized subsection of radiology that deals with minimally invasive treatments for diseases of the brain and spine. This specialty usually handles cases involving tumors, malformations, aneurysms or strokes.
Advanced modern technology enables our neurointerventionalists to view and treat highly sensitive areas of the brain and spine endovascularly, without the need for large surgical incisions. These advanced interventional procedures have lead to better outcomes for patients with dire conditions related to the brain and spine.
Procedures performed by our Interventional Neuroradiology Specialists
- Endovascular treatment of aneurysms – a less invasive alternative to surgery that allows patients to return to normal activity in as little as 2 days.
- Carotid stenting – a small mesh tube is placed inside the carotid artery to help it stay open.
- Lumbar, thoracic and cervical myelograms – a procedure performed with a CT scan and contrast dye to view the spinal cord.
Our group also provides image-guided pain treatments including spinal epidural steroid injections, selective nerve root blocks, and diagnostic/therapeutic facet injections, at multiple North Texas hospital locations.
Our Neurointerventional Procedures Include:
- Brain Aneurysms – Coiling, Stenting and Embolization
- Brain Tumor Embolization
- Wada Testing
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Embolization
- Dural Arteriovenous Fistula (AVF) Embolization
- Spinal Arteriovenous Fistula Embolization
- Clot Extraction
- Carotid-Cavernous Fistulae Treatment
- Cerebral Venous Thrombosis (CVT) – Thrombolysis & Thrombectomy
- Intracranial Angioplasty and Stenting
- Carotid Artery Angioplasty & Stenting