Neurointerventional Radiology is a highly specialized subsection of radiology that deals with minimally invasive treatments for diseases of the brain and spine. This specialty usually handles cases involving tumors, malformations, aneurysms or strokes.
Advanced modern technology enables our neurointerventionalists to view and treat highly sensitive areas of the brain and spine endovascularly, without the need for large surgical incisions. These advanced interventional procedures have lead to better outcomes for patients with dire conditions related to the brain and spine.
Procedures Performed By Our Neurointerventional Radiology Specialists
- Endovascular treatment of aneurysms – Coiling, Stenting and Embolization: a less invasive alternative to surgery that allows patients to return to normal activity in as little as 2 days.
- Carotid stenting – a small mesh tube is placed inside the carotid artery to help it stay open.
- Lumbar, thoracic and cervical myelograms – a procedure performed with a CT scan and contrast dye to view the spinal cord.
- Brain Tumor Embolization
- Wada Testing
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Embolization
- Dural Arteriovenous Fistula (AVF) Embolization
- Spinal Arteriovenous Fistula Embolization
- Clot Extraction
- Carotid-Cavernous Fistulae Treatment
- Cerebral Venous Thrombosis (CVT) – Thrombolysis & Thrombectomy
- Intracranial Angioplasty and Stenting
- Carotid Artery Angioplasty & Stenting
Our group also provides image-guided pain treatments including spinal epidural steroid injections, selective nerve root blocks, and diagnostic/therapeutic facet injections, at multiple North Texas hospital locations.
Our Neurointerventional Radiology Specialists
Hospitals with Neurointerventional Radiology Services
Texas Health Arlington Memorial | Texas Health Dallas | Texas Health Fort Worth | Baylor Grapevine
Medical City Dallas | Medical City Fort Worth | John Peter Smith Hospital (JPS)